- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 15-16: STOP and THINK cartoon; Math Model predicts Ebola to burn out in December - Oct 17, 2014.
STOP and THINK, sometimes the simplest caption is the best; This model tracks Ebola outbreak well so far, predicts Ebola to burn out in December; BAH launches online course "Explore Data Science"; Watch: R wizard Hadley Wickham dplyr tutorial at useR! 2014 conf.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Conference + Hadoop World, New York, Oct 15-17, 2014 - Jul 28, 2014.
Strata + Hadoop World NYC is where cutting-edge data science and new business fundamentals intersect-and merge. Win a free KDnuggets 2-day pass or get KDnuggets discount.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the interview with Quentin Clark, CVP, Microsoft Data Platform Group - Mar 6, 2014.
We discuss Microsoft decision to embrace Hadoop as the standard, collaboration with Hortonworks, and advice to newbies in Data Science.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Quentin Clark, CVP, Microsoft Data Platform Group - Mar 6, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Quentin Clark, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Data Platform Group. In the interview, we discuss Power BI for Office 365, Big Data trends and Microsoft’s strategic decisions.
- Strata 2014 Santa Clara: Highlights of Day 3 (Feb 13) - Feb 28, 2014.
Strata 2014 was a great conference, and here are key insights from some of the best sessions on day 3: Data Journalism, Analytics over Real-time Streaming Data, Facebook Graph Analysis with One Trillion Edges, Socializing Search by LinkedIn.
- Strata 2014 Santa Clara: Highlights of Day 2 (Feb 12) - Feb 27, 2014.
Strata 2014 was a great conference, and here are key insights from some of the best sessions on day 2: Big Data Vendor Landscape, Machine Learning for Social Change, Secrets of Gertrude Stein, and Facebook Exascale Analytics.
- Alpine Data Science Periodic Table - Feb 19, 2014.
One of the most clever giveaways at the recent Strata Conference in Santa Clara was a Periodic Table of Data Science from Alpine.