- U. Geneva: Postdoc position on Learning over distributed streaming data - Oct 19, 2014.
We are looking for an excellent postdoc to work on the development of new machine learning methods for distributed streaming data generated in the context of the Internet of Things.
- Interview: Pedro Domingos, Winner of KDD 2014 Data Mining/Data Science Innovation Award - Aug 15, 2014.
We discuss the differences between Machine Learning, Data Mining, and Statistics; the importance of cost-sensitive classification; social network mining and identifying influencers; mining data streams, and more.
- Summer School on Resource-Aware Machine Learning, Dortmund - Jul 27, 2014.
Attend summer school in Dortmund, Germany covering Machine Learning with Constrained Resources including topics like detecting astro particles using charging variations in smartphones. Applications are due by August 30.
- Optimizing the Netflix Streaming Experience with Data Science - Jun 19, 2014.
How Netflix uses data science and Big Data analytics to improve the Quality of streaming experience for its members.
- Netflix: Senior Data Scientist, Streaming Science & Algorithms - Jun 18, 2014.
Join Streaming Science and Algorithms team, find ways to improve the streaming Quality of Experience using algorithms applied to big data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 28-29: SAS University Edition free software; Google Quantum Computing Playground - May 30, 2014.
SAS University Edition offers free #SAS software for higher education, teaching; Ultra-cool! Google "Quantum Computing Playground" - fiddle with quantum algorithms; Thomson Reuters: Data Scientist ; Realtime Personalization and Recommendation with Stream Mining.