Tag: Text Mining (22)
http likes 188
- Everything You Need to Know about Natural Language Processing - Dec 20, 2015.
Natural language processing (NLP) helps computers understand human speech and language. We define the key NLP concepts and explain how it fits in the bigger picture of Artificial Intelligence.
- Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit, Australia: Day 2 Highlights - Oct 28, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Paypal, Huawei and Qantas on day 2 of Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Sydney, Australia.
- Catalytic DS: Biomedical Text Mining Developer - Oct 16, 2014.
Help develop cloud-based text analytics solutions that enable researchers to use biomedical information locked in vast repositories of 'read only' scientific publications.
- Big Data & Analytics for Retail Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 2 Highlights - Oct 9, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from The Hershey Company, Gongos, Clarks, and Mediacom on day 2 of Big Data & Analytics for Retail Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Top stories for Sep 28 – Oct 4: Mirador, a free tool for visual exploration of complex datasets - Oct 5, 2014.
Mirador, a free tool for visual exploration of complex datasets; Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Get Started in Text Analytics; Associations and Text Mining of World Events.
- Get Started in Text Analytics - Sep 30, 2014.
Text analytics / text mining is the natural extension of predictive analytics and has wide applications in marketing, business, and many industries. Learn text analytics with Statistics.com online program that starts Feb 6.
- Associations and Text Mining of World Events - Sep 30, 2014.
Applying frequent itemset analysis to text may seem daunting, but parallel hardware and two insights open the door to theme extraction.
- Most Viewed Web Mining Lectures - Sep 18, 2014.
Discover interesting lectures on topics like mining information networks and identifying influential members of online communities in this list of the top viewed web mining lectures on videolectures.net.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 10-14: Most Viewed Machine Learning and Text Mining Talks - Sep 16, 2014.
Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks and Text Mining Lectures at Videolectures; 3 Marks of Real #DataScience; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action.
- Most Viewed Text Mining Lectures - Sep 12, 2014.
View some of the most popular text mining lectures from videolectures.net and learn about topics including mining web data and building large-scale information retrieval systems.
- Ontotext text mining, semantic search, and graph database - Sep 2, 2014.
Ontotext blends text mining, semantic annotation and semantic search with a graph database that infers new meaning at scale, helping organizations find meaning in large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
- Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations - Aug 26, 2014.
Before this year's Text Analytics Summit West, read the previous year's summit's best received presentations and learn about leveraging text analytics for business gain.
- Rule14: Text Mining/Machine Learning Expert - Aug 7, 2014.
Design and implementation of key-phrase/sentence extraction and summarization algorithms, within a variety of domains including: legal, healthcare, banking/finance/insurance.
- Interview: Vita Markman, LinkedIn on Practical Solutions for Sentiment Mining Challenges - Aug 4, 2014.
We discuss sentiment data models, significance of linguistic features, handling the noise in social conversations, industry challenges, important use cases and the appropriateness of over-simplified binary classification.
- Interview: Thomas Levi, POF on How Online Dating is Improving Matching through Big Data - Jul 29, 2014.
We discuss Big Data use cases at Plenty of Fish, insights from text mining of user profiles, using topic modeling for developing user archetypes, challenges and more.
- Interview: Kavita Ganesan, FindiLike on Building Decision Support Systems based on User Opinions - Jul 27, 2014.
We discuss the founding story of FindiLike, Opinion-driven Decision Support Systems (ODSS), challenges in analyzing user opinions, future of Sentiment Analysis, favorite books and more.
- Interview: Piero Ferrante, BCBS on Why Healthcare is Rich in Data but Poor in Information - Jul 17, 2014.
We discuss role of analytics in healthcare payer firms, major challenges in leveraging healthcare data, shift to value-based payments, personal motivation towards analytics, career advice and more.
- Interview: Samaneh Moghaddam, Applied Researcher, eBay on Aspect-based Opinion Mining - Jun 26, 2014.
We discuss aspect-based opinion mining, major challenges, cold start items, the need for accurate opinion mining models for cold start items and how factorized LDA can be leveraged.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 9-11: Data Mining for Statisticians; For teachers (and students) of Machine Learning - May 12, 2014.
Data Mining for Statisticians ; For teachers (and students) of #MachineLearning - Slides for LIONbook; Build a word cloud using R text mining tools - step-by-step; Graph Theory: Key to Understanding #BigData - graphs are not just for Google or eBay.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in February - Mar 25, 2014.
CSMR Data Miner software suite, Ascribe text mining software, and more added to KDnuggets in February 2014.
- New book: Big Data, Mining, and Analytics: Components of Strategic Decision Making - Mar 15, 2014.
This book ties together big data, data mining, and analytics to explain how readers can leverage them to extract valuable insights from their data.
- Poll Results: Text Analytics Use Shows No Significant Change - Feb 18, 2014.
Surprisingly, latest KDnuggets Poll did not find a significant change in Text Analytics use over the past 2 years. While 66% make some use of text analytics, only 19% use it on the majority of their projects. Text Analytics seems to take off very slowly.