- ‘Magic’ – Quickest Way to Turn Webpage Into Data - Nov 5, 2014.
Import.io's new feature - 'Magic' allows users to instantly turn web pages into tables of data: No Plugins, No Training, No Setup. Learn More.
- TweetNLP: Twitter Natural Language Processing - Oct 24, 2014.
A short overview of Natural Language Processing tools and utilities developed by Prof. Noah Smith, CMU and his team to analyze Twitter data.
- Founders of Yahoo! and MySQL Invest in Import.io - Sep 8, 2014.
Import.io raises $3M round from Jerry Yang and David Axmark. Released a streamlined version of web data extraction tool with exciting new features.
- Interview: John Funge, CTO, Knack on Why Gaming is the Next Big Thing for Hiring - Aug 18, 2014.
We discuss the gamification of hiring, founding story of Knack, applications of Predictive Human Analytics, challenges, Big Data tools and technology used, key qualities sought in data scientists, career advice and more.
- Course: Tools for Discovering Patterns in Data, Sep 8-9 - Jul 24, 2014.
Dr. John Elder describes powerful analytic methods for classification and estimation, explains the leading algorithms, compares their merits, and demonstrates their effectiveness on practical applications.
- BIDMach machine learning toolkit - Jul 14, 2014.
BIDMach machine learning toolkit offers "rooflined" (optimized to the limit) compute primitives and competitive performance on learning tasks like regression, clustering, classification, and matrix factorization.
- Domino – A Platform For Modern Data Analysis - Jun 26, 2014.
Tools that facilitate data science best practices have not yet matured to match their counterparts in the world of software engineering. Domino is a platform built from the ground up to fill in these gaps and accelerate modern analytical workflows.
- DLib: Library for Machine Learning - Jun 10, 2014.
DLib is an open source C++ library implementing a variety of machine learning algorithms, including classification, regression, clustering, data transformation, and structured prediction.
- Interview: Tom Kern, Risk Modeling Manager, Paychex on Risk Analytics and Sales Anticipation Model - Jun 2, 2014.
We discuss the role of Risk Analytics at Paychex, strategic importance of Sales Anticipation Model, optimizing business processes by leveraging Big Data, and advice for companies thinking about Big Data as well as aspiring students.
- Big Data BootCamp Santa Clara: Highlights of talks on Days 1-2 - May 9, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by big data technology practitioners from Caspida, Datastax, ElephantScale, Hortonworks, MapR and Qubole at Big Data Bootcamp 2014 in Santa Clara.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 21-23: Machine Learning in Parallel with SVM; Good Data Sets for Data Science Practice - Mar 24, 2014.
Machine Learning in Parallel with SVM, GLM; Good Data Sets for Data Science Practice: Big enough, requires data engineering, rich; Cartoon: Why Madame Zaza, Fortune Teller, changes to Predictive Analytics; Top 45 #BigData Tools and Platforms for Developers