- Interview: Philip Maymin, NYU on Why Sports should Embrace Analytics? - Nov 22, 2014.
We discuss how the increasing use of Analytics will change the game of basketball, the concern of Analytics ruining the game, significant trends, advice and more.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS on the Ideal Analytics Curriculum at Graduate-level - Sep 5, 2014.
We discuss the differences between analytics and Big Data, the evolution of expectations from data science, important qualities desired in data scientists, ideal curriculum for Analytics focused programs, advice and more.
- Interview: Debora Donato, StumbleUpon on the Secret Sauce of Impressive Content Curation - Aug 28, 2014.
We discuss the role of data science at StumbleUpon, the shift from search to discovery, metrics for user engagement, the art of collaborative filtering, how native ads improve user experience, major trends, advice and more.
- INFORMS The Business of Big Data 2014: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 21, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data technology practitioners from Teradata, Booz Allen Hamilton, Databricks and ProbabilityManagement.org during INFORMS The Business of Big Data in San Jose.
- Top Analytics and Big Data trends ahead of Strata Hadoop NYC Conference - Aug 14, 2014.
Top trends in Analytics and Big Data named by our readers ahead of Strata + Hadoop NYC conference include Deep Learning, Apache Spark, democratization of analytics, and real-time processing of Big Data.
- Interview: Sujee Maniyam, Elephant Scale on Why Open Source is So Important for Big Data - Aug 8, 2014.
We discuss the importance of contributing to Open Source, Big Data skills for business managers, Big Data predictions, key qualities sought in data engineers, career advice and more.
- Interview: Vita Markman, LinkedIn on Discovering Customer Insights through Sentiment Mining - Aug 5, 2014.
We discuss examples of discovery through sentiment mining, current trends, innovative applications, important soft skills, and more.
- Interview: Christophe Toum, Talend on Why Big Data Needs Big Governance - Aug 2, 2014.
We discuss the priority order of data governance for Big Data initiatives, impact of increasing shift towards Hadoop and NoSQL, data quality, current trends, talent crunch, advice and more.
- Interview: Aparna Pujar, eBay on Evolution of Behavior Analytics for User Engagement - Jul 25, 2014.
We discuss Behavior Analytics vs. Web Analytics, important metrics for user engagement, challenges of behavior insights domain, future of multi-screen analytics, key soft skill and more.
- Interview: Leo Meyerovich, Graphistry on Browser-based Interactive Big Data Visualization - Jul 24, 2014.
- Interview: Amy Gaskins, AVP, MetLife on New Era Hiring at MetLife through Synapse - Jul 23, 2014.
We discuss the motivation behind launch of Synapse, updating the recruitment process to meet today's needs, data science trends, career advice, important soft skills and more.
- Interview: Amy Gershkoff, Director of Customer Analytics & Insights, eBay on How to Design Custom In-House BI Tools - Jul 11, 2014.
We discuss key principles for designing business intelligence tools, exploring causation based on correlation insights, attributes of future Analytics leaders, interesting Big Data trends, important qualities in data scientists and more.
- Moving from Data-Rich to Decision-Smart: INFORMS Conference The Business of Big Data 2014 - Jun 10, 2014.
We interview the co-chairs of INFORMS Conference The Business of Big Data 2014 (June 22-24, 2014) on Big Data maturity, opportunities assessment, analytics for operations research, conference agenda and more.
- Interview: George Corugedo, CTO, RedPoint on Big Data Trends and Important Skills - May 13, 2014.
We discuss the key trends in Big Data industry, important skills for Data Science practioners and more.
- Healthcare Analytics: Identifying Leaders and Key Trends - May 12, 2014.
We review recently released report on Healthcare perceptions towards BI/Analytics and share key insights into who is leading healthcare analytics in different categories and what are the key dominant trends.
- 3 Key Trends in the DBMS Market - May 3, 2014.
The top 3 trends in DBMS include market consolidation, moving beyond OLTP, and distributed computing - we examine them in detail.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the interview with Paco Nathan - Mar 10, 2014.
We discuss about Paco's upcoming book "Just Enough Math", problems with current university curriculum around Math for Data Science and Big Data trends.
- Top stories for Jan 26 – Feb 1: Online Courses in Analytics, ML, Data Science; Top Trends in Analytics, Big Data - Feb 2, 2014.
Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science; Top Trends in Analytics and Big Data ahead of Strata 2014 Santa Clara; Viewpoint: Why your company should NOT use "Big Data"; "Human Analytics" at the Sentiment Analysis Symposium.