- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Nov 18 and beyond - Nov 17, 2014.
Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Data Visualization, Scores Aren't Enough, Big Bioinformatics without Big Hassles, Starting Small and Scaling Big with Hadoop, YARN, WCAI Oppy: Desktop Software Subscription Analysis, and more.
- Interview: Joe Otto, Alpine on Why Big Data is all about Empowerment & Collaboration - Sep 9, 2014.
We discuss the story of Alpine Data Labs, the recent recognition of Alpine, effect of YARN, major customer use cases, and challenges in consumerizing Big Data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 29-31: Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs …; 100 top machine learning talks - Sep 1, 2014.
Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs Data Mining vs Big Data; 100 most popular machine learning talks at videolectures; Intro to parallel iterative Deep Learning on Hadoop YARN; Jeremy Howard answers why he left Kaggle and what are his plans now.
- Containers: The Enabler of YARN - Jul 28, 2014.
The evolution of a data-center operating system is discussed along with the underlying challenges and approaches being followed. Containers play a big role in enabling the required abstraction and deliver additional benefits.
- Big Data TechCon, The How-To Conference, Oct 27-29, San Francisco - Jul 15, 2014.
Plan now to attend Big Data TechCon in San Francisco, to learn HOW-TO accommodate the terabytes and petabytes of data, learn the latest big data technologies, mingle and network, and be inspired by keynotes.
- YARN is All the Rage at Hadoop Summit 2014 - Jun 12, 2014.
Apache YARN, which enables much broader types of computations than MapReduce, is quickly becoming an integral part of Hadoop projects. We review best practices considerations for a YARN cluster.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 19 and beyond - May 19, 2014.
Data Mining: FTL; Deep Learning with H2O; Purchase history to Customer Projects; Apache Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Solr; Python for Big Data Analytics, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 12 and beyond - May 12, 2014.
Who Owns the Data, The New Database Frontier, Analytically Speaking, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Deep Learning with H2O, Purchase history to Customer Projects, Hadoop and YARN, and more.
- Interview: George Corugedo, CTO, RedPoint on YARN and Customer Analytics - May 12, 2014.
We discuss significance of YARN for Hadoop 2.0 platform, unique benefits of RedPoint Convergent Marketing Platform and Master Key Management for Customer Analytics.
- Apache Spark, the hot new trend in Big Data - Apr 18, 2014.
Spark solves similar problems as Hadoop MapReduce does but with a fast in-memory approach and a clean functional style API. Leveraging Hadoop Yarn, Alpine has made it very simple to get started with Spark.
- Hadoop Innovation Summit, San Diego, Feb 19-20 - Jan 9, 2014.
This summit boasts a line-up of world class speakers and is set to bring together professionals pioneering Hadoop in their organizations.